ADDRESSING THE OPIOID CRISIS
Perspectives from our leadership and partners have appeared in national and regional news outlets.
- The Washington Post: Opinion: Here’s what the critics of the Purdue Pharma settlement get wrong. October 27, 2020. Steve Miller, Purdue Pharma Board Chairman
- Participate in National Prescription Drug Take Back Day on October 24. October 2020.
- The Washington Post: Clean Out Your Medicine Cabinet. January 15, 2019. Sponsored content by Lisa C. Miller, PharmD, Purdue Pharma.
- Wall Street Journal: We support programs that help identify people at risk for opioid abuse and addiction. October 8, 2018. Open letter.
- The New York Times: We want to help people—including young people—understand the risks of misusing prescription medications, including opioids. September 5, 2018. Open letter.
- The New York Times: Why We Support Increasing Access to Naloxone. August 2, 2018. Sponsored content by Marcelo E. Bigal, MD, PhD, Chief Medical Officer, Purdue Pharma and Keith Cain, Sheriff of Daviess County, KY, Chairman of the National Sheriffs’ Association Drug Enforcement Committee.
- Norwalk Hour: We make prescription opioids. And we want to limit their use. July 16, 2018. Open letter.
- The Washington Post: Why We Support a Comprehensive Approach to Addressing the Opioid Crisis. June 27, 2018. Sponsored content.
- News & Observer: How to Safely Dispose of Prescription Drugs This Saturday. April 25, 2018. Opinion editorial by Fred Wells Brason II, Project Lazarus and Thomas Alfieri, PhD, Purdue Pharma.