We strive to create a workplace where people can continually grow and explore, and where our employees can help change the world for the better starting where they live and work. Our people contribute to the health of their communities through volunteer efforts, mentorships, participation in charity and fundraising events throughout the year.
Some of the organizations we support include:
- American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk in Fairfield County, Connecticut – we have been a flagship sponsor for 15 consecutive years.
- Americares – has been the largest single recipient of our community funding for the past several years.
- American Red Cross – supporting hurricane relief efforts and coordinating blood drives.
- United Way — our colleagues participate in United Way’s Annual Day of Caring.
- Fairfield County Hospice House – providing funding and serving on the board of directors.
We provide support for educational institutions and programs in the communities where we operate, including:
- Contributing to after-school programs through The Boys & Girls Club of Stamford, The Stamford Family YMCA, and Inspirica, one of the largest providers of services to individuals and families in Connecticut who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
- Providing new chemistry laboratory equipment for East Carolina University.
- Supporting The Ferguson Library, Human Services Council’s Children’s Connection (Child Advocacy Center), Starfish Connection, Stamford Public Education Foundation, and Childcare Learning Centers.
We provide financial support to many Connecticut-based non‑profit and service organizations that enhance the area’s economic development, and our colleagues serve on many of their boards and advisory committees, including:
- Stamford Chamber of Commerce
- Building One Community
- Business Council of Fairfield County
- Stamford Partnership
- Connecticut Neighborhood Tax Assistance Program
- Stamford Downtown Special Services District
- Women’s Business Development Council
- United Way
Health and Wellness
We support local and national organizations including:
- Family Centers of Greenwich (school-based health centers)
- Laurel House (mental health resources)
- March of Dimes
- Norwalk Hospital Foundation
- Silver Source (medical transportation service)
- Stamford Hospital
Culture and the Arts
Access to cultural and artistic events is important to the vitality of any community and we proudly support:
- Stamford Palace Theatre
- Connecticut Ballet
- Franklin Street Gallery
- Stamford Symphony